5 Reasons Why Christmas Decorations Should Remain Up All Year ‘Round
I am a firm believer that when you can be lazy, you should. Is that wrong? So I have
justified laid out my thoughtful argument on why we should all leave our Christmas decorations up all year ’round. I think you will see the genius in my ways.
- Just plain convenient. All that ladder climbing and yelling at each other is overrated.
- Decorative doesn’t stop in December. Festive is all year. Valentine’s, Easter, Independence Day, Labour Day, Thanksgiving… Why should beautiful be just for Christmas. Do you think the rest of the year is substandard?
- Cold. Putting up the lights in the cold is just ridiculous. So why do it?
- Everyone is all judgemental about being Christmasy after Christmas. That is just religiousist! Who says the lights are for Christmas? I can make up a religious holiday each time someone comes to the door that could be a light-up occasion. Judge me not! I am celebrating All Swine Day as a tear rolls down my face. That is the day I celebrate the religion of salty pork.
- Thoughtfulness. What if a neighbour or even passerby had a rough Christmas and didn’t feel like celebrating in December. They see our lights on in May at 6pm and they think ‘I think I can move on now from my tragedy. This thoughtful neighbour with their lights on knew I needed the reminder that life goes on. Thank you thoughtful neighbour.’
See? There is no reason to climb that ladder in January, February, March or April. The neighbour who needs you will let you know when your good deed is done. If you don’t hear from them, it means they are still needed. Forge on my friends. Forge on.