10 Reasons I’m Scared to be Seen at #BlissDomCA
I am attending my first blogging conference Thursday-Saturday. Sounds like fun right? HA. It can’t possibly be fun. Sure, there will be three days away (I said AWAY) to concentrate on my blog. Sure, I will be with friends (shout out to my peeps – you can follow them below). Sure, I will be educated on much of the stuff I am struggling with. But, I will also be terrified for these reasons:
- #ThrowbackThursday party. I dug out the gogo boots and seventies outfit but it is a bit (a lot) form fitting and I am not sure everyone there will be all about THAT bass.
- In my own little micro world I am doing great! Cue all these people who have been blogging for, like forever, and I will feel small and stupid.
- What if people don’t like me in person? Mister laughed and said ‘have you normally had that problem?’. Truthfully, no, but that was not helpful.
- There are too many things I have to miss! When I am in one session I will be missing heaps of other good things. What if the one piece of information that would have opened the heavens for me is in another room and I miss it? Besides, Amazing Race is on. I love The Amazing Race. And, there is a bed with nobody snoring in it. That’s good too!
- I couldn’t get into one of the speakers on Thursday. I will be wandering with nothing to do but shop. That’s not good.
- What if I am in the middle of a story and someone says ‘tell me something else, because I read this already on your blog’. One side, flaterring. One side, holy shit I have nothing else. Crickets… People might realize I am not as interesting as I appear on screen.
- What if the coffee is lousy. I am not good without good coffee. I repeat, I am not good without good coffee!
- I will end up with a huge list of things I want to do/need to do and I don’t have more room on my list!
- It is only 3 days. I have about 27 solid days of learning required to get to the bare minimum of what I want to do, but it is only three days!
- My family will be fine without me. That’s what makes me crazy! They don’t need me, therego, I am replaceable. What am I going to do from 7am-830am each day now as they get ready without my help? Sleep? HA.
Despite my anxiety, or because of it, I am pumped about going. Hopefully I will have some fabulous stories to share. Please check out my friends when you get a chance and wait for the updates. Cross your fingers on that coffee for me will ya? Otherwise, I might have to call in the reserves.
http://the-sticky-kitchen.com Alison will have you cooking!
http://fallinginstyle.net Iva sure knows how to put together and outfit!
http://www.citrussilver.com Karen has personalized silver and jewelry that you can’t live without!
http://righttrackeducation.ca Jane knows the ins and outs of schools more than anyone I have ever met!
My friend Sperry is just starting, but you can follow her on Twitter until her blog is up.