You Don’t Know Me!
Actually, you might know me, but what fun is a headline that says–You probably know a bunch of stuff about me, but here’s more!
If you are new to Adulting In Progress, let me introduce myself. I’m Kristine and my blog used to be called MumRevised. Now you…
With the formalities out of the way, let me introduce some of my favourite things or facts that you don’t know about me:
- Of all the simulated flavours, banana is my favourite. Watermelon is my least favourite because it is disgusting.
- I like the corner piece of the lasagna.
- I used to think I would like to do photography until I realized I wasn’t interested in learning about f stops/incapable of learning about f stops.
- I don’t eat red meat. Ever since I was pregnant with Shaggy (16 years ago), I haven’t been able to enjoy beef or lamb.
- On the same vein… I can’t enjoy goats cheese or sheep’s milk cheese. To me, they taste like a farm.
- My ‘about me’ picture was taken at the gyno office.
- I tried eyelash extensions and loved them until I developed an allergy and my eyelids swelled up to three times their normal size and a lovely shade of magenta.
- I will never complain about the heat because I think it is hypocritical to complain about heat and cold and I always complain about the cold.
- It took me three years of resolutions to go from a coffee with double cream and double sugar to black. Now, if a grain of sugar or drop of milk goes near my coffee, it is ruined.
- I use essential oils that my family calls witch oils but they seem to work for all of us fixing problems from warts to plantar fasciitis.
- I participated in a team triathlon–almost drowning in the ocean off Melbourne (Our team each did all three legs but only 1/4 of each distance. The guy I was handing our team baton to showed up late and I waited in the coral for 10 minutes before he arrived.)
- I raised more than $50k for breast cancer by starting a charity called Pedicure for the Cure.
- I worked for Bruce Croxon who has been featured on Shark Tank and courtside at the Raptors games. #WeTheNorth
- My first car was a ’67 Chevy Malibu in powder blue.
- One of my superpowers is parallel parking. It might have been a throwback from learning to drive in a Suburban.
- I lived in Thunder Bay my whole life but was born in Port Arthur (a referendum to amalgamate the cities of Port Arthur and Fort William into Thunder Bay happened just after I was born).
- We honeymooned in Fiji on our way to move from Thunder Bay, Ontario to Melbourne, Australia for a three-year secondment. (The guy at the Air Canada ticket counter actually asked if we really wanted one-way tickets.)
- I officiated my cousin’s wedding. I will write on that later this month–stay tuned.
- I am only 11 days into a 30 writing challenge and I am struggling for content which is why this post is so erratic.
- I sometimes write for other websites. Here are my two most recent submissions. Please follow and share. That makes me happy.
Tell me something I don’t know about you. Please. Otherwise it feels like I’m naked in a field of strangers.
I lifted the image of the car from this site.